Welcome to Meal Plan Monday! One of the main reasons I can stay on track with good nutrition is taking a few minutes each weekend to plan out our meals and snacks. Each Monday I will be sharing a simple weeknight dinner plan with you! Most meals can be made in 30 minutes or less.
I find inspiration for dinner in four main places:
- Magazines: I love Cooking Light and Food Network Magazine. Most of their recipes are healthy, easy and family friendly.
- Food Network: I love their website and if I see something good while I am watching a Food TV show, I can always look up the recipe! I love their ratings and reader reviews too.
- Pinterest: I am constantly pinning healthy recipes! I’ve done the work for you–check out my Pinterest board here: https://www.pinterest.com/coachcaseyr/pins/
- This Blog: LOL! Sounds weird but I often forget what healthy recipes I’ve made! This blog is a record of my family’s faves. It’s like my “best of the best” recipe file…because I don’t share bad recipes with ya’ll!!!
The Menu ~ Baby, it’s COLD outside! Well, 59 degrees in cold for this California girl!! Ha! And that means it’s SOUP TIME!!!! I have 5 healthy soup recipes for you this week and all of them are PERFECT for lunch, too! I plan to make double batches of two of these soups for dinner this week and have them with mixed greens for lunch all week!
If you want even MORE amazing soup recipes, join my Soup, Dips and Healthy Tips Facebook group next week! You’ll get 5 delicious, healthy soup recipes, holiday dip ideas and lots of tips on how to keep your holidays healthy! Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a FB friend request here: Facebook Friend Request. I will get you added right away! We start Monday, 12/11!
Monday: Crockpot Turkey Lasagna Soup
- Notes: This is my family’s favorite soup! This recipe is for the crockpot, but it can be made easily on the the stove top as well. This was my dinner last night–i doubled the recipe for lunch this week!
Tuesday: Crockpot Minestrone Soup
- Notes: If Lasagna Soup was #1, this was is a close second! Again, this one can easily be made on the stovetop as well.
Wednesday: Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Notes: I LOVE cream soups…and with cheese??! Sign me up! But they aren’t exactly healthy! This recipe “healthifies” traditional dat and calorie laden broccoli cheddar soup with a delicious result!!
Thursday: Meatball Pizza Soup
- Notes: Do I really need to say more? Meatballs…pizza….soup…! How can you not like the recipe??! I take some help fro Costco on this one and use their premade Italian meatballs (HUGE time saver)! I also chop the pepperoni and top the kid’s soup with it and leave it off mine 🙂
Friday: Taco Enchilada Soup
- Notes: Any soup that I can top with avocado is a win in my book!
Want more clean eating recipe ideas?? Sign up for my newsletter and get my 7 day clean eating meal plan and access to my free fitness groups!