Welcome to Meal Plan Monday! One of the main reasons I can stay on track with good nutrition is taking a few minutes each weekend to plan out our meals and snacks. Each Monday I will be sharing a simple weeknight dinner plan with you! Most meals can be made in 30 minutes or less.
I find inspiration for dinner in four main places:
- Magazines: I love Cooking Light and Food Network Magazine. Most of their recipes are healthy, easy and family friendly.
- Food Network: I love their website and if I see something good while I am watching a Food TV show, I can always look up the recipe! I love their ratings and reader reviews too.
- Pinterest: I am constantly pinning healthy recipes! I’ve done the work for you–check out my Pinterest board here: https://www.pinterest.com/coachcaseyr/pins/
- This Blog: LOL! Sounds weird but I often forget what healthy recipes I’ve made! This blog is a record of my family’s faves. It’s like my “best of the best” recipe file…because I don’t share bad recipes with ya’ll!!!
The Menu ~ Hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving! If you were anything like me, a little (a lot) of overindulging took place! In fact, I am starting the 3 Day Refresh today to just reset my body and get back to feeling good! I kept this week’s menu nice and light ….enjoy!!
Monday: Sheet Pan Honey Lime Chicken
- Notes: I love making this meal on Monday because you can easily double the recipe and be set for lunch all week! Swap the chicken thighs for breasts to keep it light or use boneless, skinless thighs.
Tuesday: Italian Vegetable Lentil Soup
- Notes: This is another one I like making early in the week because the leftovers are amazing!
Wednesday: Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Notes: My family loves this over rice, but I actually prefer it wrapped in lettuce! This is one way I adapt meals for my family without a lot of extra work!
Thursday: Greek Turkey Burgers
- Notes: One of my all time favorite easy dinners. Don’t forget the tzatziki! It’s makes the dish!
- Notes: My kids won’t touch fish unless it’s in “stick” form so on “fish nights” it’s usually a pizza night for them! 🙂 #everyoneshappy. This recipe works well with halibut too, if you want to splurge. Serve with a small side of pasta, zucchini noodles or your favorite veggie.
Want more clean eating recipe ideas?? Sign up for my newsletter and get my 7 day clean eating meal plan and access to my free fitness groups!