Welcome to Meal Plan Monday! One of the main reasons I can stay on track with good nutrition is taking a few minutes each weekend to plan out our meals and snacks. Each Monday I will be sharing a simple weeknight dinner plan with you! Most meals can be made in 30 minutes or less.
I find inspiration for dinner in four main places:
- Magazines: I love Cooking Light and Food Network Magazine. Most of their recipes are healthy, easy and family friendly.
- Food Network: I love their website and if I see something good while I am watching a Food TV show, I can always look up the recipe! I love their ratings and reader reviews too.
- Pinterest: I am constantly pinning healthy recipes! I’ve done the work for you–check out my Pinterest board here: https://www.pinterest.com/coachcaseyr/pins/
- This Blog: LOL! Sounds weird but I often forget what healthy recipes I’ve made! This blog is a record of my family’s faves. It’s like my “best of the best” recipe file…because I don’t share bad recipes with ya’ll!!!
Monday: Grilled Chicken and Avocado Wrap
- Notes: This would be perfect with leftover grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken. Swap Greek Yogurt for the sour cream and save a bunch of calories!! I love using the Flat Out Wraps for these…they can usually be found in the deli section of the grocery store.
Tuesday: “Grilled” Fish Tacos
- Notes: I’m not a huge Tilapia fan just because of the way most of it is raised, so I usually always opt for wild-caught (not farm raised) cod. A side a black beans is perfect with this–and don’t forget the avocado!
Wednesday: Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Notes: ANY recipe that includes Buffalo sauce is a winner in my book! Serve with a simple salad or celery sticks and this healthy blue cheese sauce!
Thursday: Leftover Thanksgiving Panini
- Notes: Want something fun to do with Turkey Day leftovers?? Try this Thanksgiving Panini! To die for!!
Friday: Turkey Waldorf Salad
- Notes: Need a “leaner” use for Turkey Day leftovers?? This Turkey Waldorf Salad is delish over mixed greens! You could make this any time of year using rotisserie chicken, too!
Want more clean eating recipe ideas?? Sign up for my newsletter and get my 7 day clean eating meal plan and access to my free fitness groups!