Welcome to Meal Plan Monday! One of the main reasons I can stay on track with good nutrition is taking a few minutes each weekend to plan out our meals and snacks. Each Monday I will be sharing a simple weeknight dinner plan with you! Most meals can be made in 30 minutes or less.
I find inspiration for dinner in four main places:
- Magazines: I love Cooking Light and Food Network Magazine. Most of their recipes are healthy, easy and family friendly.
- Food Network: I love their website and if I see something good while I am watching a Food TV show, I can always look up the recipe! I love their ratings and reader reviews too.
- Pinterest: I am constantly pinning healthy recipes! I’ve done the work for you–check out my Pinterest board here: https://www.pinterest.com/coachcaseyr/pins/
- This Blog: LOL! Sounds weird but I often forget what healthy recipes I’ve made! This blog is a record of my family’s faves. It’s like my “best of the best” recipe file…because I don’t share bad recipes with ya’ll!!!
The Menu ~ This week is all about the crockpot!!!! I kicked off a Free 5 Day Clean Eating Crockpot and Cocktails group on Facebook this morning…are you in it??!!! WHY NOT??!! Send me a Facebook friend request here: https://www.facebook.com/casey.s.rooney so you won’t miss ANY of my monthly free groups!!
- Notes: This is Recipe #1 from my free crockpot group..you’ll have to join the group to get the rest 🙂 It doesn’t disappoint!!
Tuesday: Chicken Enchilada and Quinoa Soup
- Notes: Can you tell I am a big fan of Mexican food in the crockpot?? This soup .is sooo easy and does not disappoint!
Wednesday: Seasoned Chicken, Green Beans and Potatoes
- Notes: This is one of our all time faves! Hardly any prep work and soooooo flavorful!
Thursday: Slow Cooker Zucchini Lasagna
- Notes: Ok, I was TOTALLY skeptical about cooking lasagna in the slow cooker! But it totally works!! If you don’t like zucchini just sub it for regular lasagna noodles–i promise it cooks up great! Make sure you use a crockpot liner or spray the pot really well to prevent sticking. I also let my lasagna sit for about 30 minutes before serving it.
Friday: Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy
- Notes: This might be my all time FAVORITE fall/winter crockpot recipe. It may not be the healthiest meal on the block, but it’s certainly not horrible! Use a GOOD, bold red wine in this recipe–NOT “cooking wine,” please!!! I recommend a Zin or Cab…rule of thumb–if you won’t drink it out of a glass, don’t cook with it 🙂
Want more clean eating recipe ideas?? Sign up for my newsletter and get my 7 day clean eating meal plan and access to my free fitness groups!