Welcome to Meal Plan Monday! One of the main reasons I can stay on track with good nutrition is taking a few minutes each weekend to plan out our meals and snacks. Each Monday I will be sharing a simple weeknight dinner plan with you! Most meals can be made in 30 minutes or less.
I find inspiration for dinner in four main places:
- Magazines: I love Cooking Light and Food Network Magazine. Most of their recipes are healthy, easy and family friendly.
- Food Network: I love their website and if I see something good while I am watching a Food TV show, I can always look up the recipe! I love their ratings and reader reviews too.
- Pinterest: I am constantly pinning healthy recipes! I’ve done the work for you–check out my Pinterest board here: https://www.pinterest.com/coachcaseyr/pins/
- This Blog: LOL! Sounds weird but I often forget what healthy recipes I’ve made! This blog is a record of my family’s faves. It’s like my “best of the best” recipe file…because I don’t share bad recipes with ya’ll!!!
- Notes: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese??!! YES, PLEASE!!!! I’d skip the orzo in this soup and just do a good old fashioned grilled cheese to serve on the side. I love using sourdough bread for grilled cheese and adding jarred, roasted rep peppers! For a lighter meal, serve a simple salad along with this soup. This soup makes a GREAT lunch for the week!
Tuesday: 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Tacos
- Notes: Taco Tuesday made easy! Use your favorite green salsa (I like the fresh kind from the deli section) and call it a day!
Wednesday: Teriyaki Chicken Power Bowl
- Notes: Confession–I’d probably eat this for lunch rather than dinner but if you like a light, quick dinner, this is one is for you! It’s a perfect use for a rotisserie chicken and you can make it ahead of time so it’s ready and waiting whenever you need a healthy meal.
Thursday: Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
- Notes: Everyone is always asking for slow cooker chicken recipes–here you go! With the brussel spouts and potatoes this is truly a one pot, one stop-shop meal for a busy weeknight!
Friday: Beef and Veggie Pasta
- Notes: This recipe is a hybrid of beef stroganoff, sloppy joes and stew all on one! LOL!! Sounds weird but it’s delish! Ground turkey would work perfectly with this dish too! Serve with mixed greens.
Want more clean eating recipe ideas?? Sign up for my newsletter and get my 7 day clean eating meal plan and access to my free fitness groups!