Welcome to Meal Plan Monday! One of the main reasons I can stay on track with good nutrition is taking a few minutes each weekend to plan out our meals and snacks. Each Monday I will be sharing a simple weeknight dinner plan with you! Most meals can be made in 30 minutes or less.
I find inspiration for dinner in four main places:
- Magazines: I love Cooking Light and Food Network Magazine. Most of their recipes are healthy, easy and family friendly.
- Food Network: I love their website and if I see something good while I am watching a Food TV show, I can always look up the recipe! I love their ratings and reader reviews too.
- Pinterest: I am constantly pinning healthy recipes! I’ve done the work for you–check out my Pinterest board here: https://www.pinterest.com/coachcaseyr/pins/
- This Blog: LOL! Sounds weird but I often forget what healthy recipes I’ve made! This blog is a record of my family’s faves. It’s like my “best of the best” recipe file…because I don’t share bad recipes with ya’ll!!!
Monday: Autumn Apple and Bacon Salad
- Notes: This salad is the perfect accompaniment to a grilled chicken breast or oven baked chicken. It could also absolutely stand alone as a meal! The dressing could not be easier or more delish. Personally, I’d swap the the feta for blue cheese but do whatever your heart desires!
Tuesday: BBQ Chicken Salad
- Notes: Instead of regular calorie-laden ranch dressing, opt for a greek yogurt-based ranch such as this one from Bolthouse: Bolthouse Ranch Dressing. You can usually find it in the produce section.
Wednesday: Chinese Chicken Salad
- Notes: I use rotisserie chicken breast for this recipe to make it super simple! I also love Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut Asian dressing–it would be perfect on this salad!!
Thursday: Avocado Egg Salad Toast
- Notes: Ok, this might not be your traditional green salad, but it is one of my all time favorite lunch recipes! I serve it open faced on whole wheat bread or with some whole grain crackers and fruit on the side!
Friday: Orzo Salad
- Notes: This orzo salad is the bomb.com and a staple when anyone comes to visit! It’s perfect alongside grilled meats OR throw in some leftover chicken for a super easy lunch or dinner! I’ve dubbed it a “Summertime Salad” but truth be told, we have this year round–it goes with everything!
Check out more meal planning posts here:
Want more clean eating recipe ideas?? Sign up for my newsletter and get my 7 day clean eating meal plan and access to my free fitness groups!